Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Lambchop

Wonderful songs, wonderful videos.

'Is A Woman' Promo (4:35)

Up with People (4:34)

To me, lambchop are a very hit and miss band. Having seen them live a few times they can make you cry with emotion whilst at other times you can't wait to get out the door they are that boring...

I saw them just after 'Nixon' had made them well known. Rather than treat the audience to 'Nixon' they played a complete set of 'Is A Woman' with a few 'Nixon' tunes thrown in which was interesting but overall disappointing. Still, 'Nixon' remains one of my all time favourite albums. I played it everyday for 18 months, only 'London Calling' has made me do that before.

I've just ordered 'damaged' so I hope it's more Nixon-esque than the more recent stuff.

To me, 'Nixon' was their pinnacle. I think Wagner is so talented he could offer so much more. Perhaps i'm being too critical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home